The 1st Winston Hills Scout Group hall is available for hire. We welcome kids parties, family gatherings, club meetings and so on. The hall can also be hired on a regular basis.
The proceeds from the hall hire help us pay and maintain the scouting facilities and equipment for our young scouts.
The Hall is available to groups, organisations and individuals whose activities the Scout Association feels are compatible with the principles of the Association and which benefit the community generally. The following are examples of the kind of groups which may be interested in using the halls:- Weight Watchers, Senior Citizens, ballet and dancing classes, music classes, Country Women’s Association, youth groups, junior sporting clubs, Rotaract or similar organisations.
We do not hire the halls for any birthdays over the age of 10! especially 18th and 21st birthday parties.
Public risk insurance does not have to be obtained by private hirers e.g. a child’s birthday party however councils, businesses, clubs and community organisations must have $10 million public liability insurance and must be able to supply a certificate of currency as evidence of their cover.
- The hall can seat up to 60 people
- Trestle Tables (10), Chairs (60)
- Separate Male and Female Toilets
- Full Size Fridge
- Electric Jug
- Water Urn
Please note: the barbeque area conveniently located next to the hall is booked separately through Parramatta council
$30/hr with a $120 (minimum)
PLEASE NOTE – If you require setup/clean up time for your function/party this time is included as part of your hall hire, and will be charged at the above hourly rate.
How To Make a Booking
1. Email HallHire@whsg.com.au to check availability or with any inquiries.
2. Download and Complete Booking Form:
For casual hire of a hall: download here Hire of Premises-signed
Note: You will need the following details to complete the P2 form:
Formation: Winston Hills Scout Group
Region: Greater Western Sydney
Address: Edison Parade, Winston Hills
3. Payment is required to confirm your booking. Our preferred payment method is a deposit directly to 1st Winston Hills Scouts bank account.
Bank Account Name: 1st Winston Hills Scout Group, ANZ, Winston Hills
BSB / Account No.: 012-478 / 3537 68015
Please advise if another payment option is required.
Important Hall Hirer’s Responsibilities
At the conclusion of the hiring, the hirer is responsible for:
- Sweeping the floors thoroughly (clean up any sticky spills with mop)
- Wipe down kitchen surfaces and trestle table tops
- Ensure ALL LIGHTS are switched off, especially the toilets
- Ensure the Air conditioner is turned off, if it is left on you will be charged an extra hour to cover the running costs
- Ensure that Toilets are flushed and rolls are replaced if required
- Ensure that all tables and the chairs are stacked in the storeroom as you found them
- You must take all your rubbish away with you.
Remember Scout Halls are run and maintained by volunteers (Parents) so if you see something that needs attention, please fix it or at least let us know so we can arrange for it to be fixed.