Venturers is for both girls and boys from age 15 to 17 inclusive. 1st Winston Hills Venturers has been registered since October 2005 and has approximately 23 youth members currently attending.
They set their own programs with the assistance of leaders with the aim to enhance their leadership skills, build on their personal development while having a heap of fun doing it.
The 1st Winston Hills Scout Group is looking for young adults in this age range. If you are interested in finding out any more about this enjoyable but challenging opportunity, please contact the Group Leader or the Venturer Leader or by attending a hall night.
Wednesday 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
This consists of four items:
- Group scarf (supplied)
- Venturer Scout Shirt (maroon inset)
- Blue webbing Scout belt
- Beige or stone coloured pants (as prescribed by Branch)
The badges are presented to the Venturer Scout as they earn them and are placed onto the uniform as outlined in the diagram.
What badges can they get?
Venturers work towards earning their peak award the Queen’s Scout Award. Badge placements can be found here.
Outdoor Adventure Skills (OAS) are nine badges covering:
Special interest Area (SIA) are six badges covering:
- Adventure and Sport
- Art and Literature
- Creating a Better World
- Growth and Development
- STEM and Innovation
Leadership badges. These are designed for those Cubs showing interest in becoming a leader of the Unit as a Patrol Leader or Assistant Patrol Leader
Queen’s Scout Award badge. This is the highest award to be earned in the Venturer Scout Section. This requires completion of:
- All three core OAS to stage 3
- Four progressions Stage 4 or above (Twelve progressions in total)
- Six SIA including a minimum in three different areas
- Completion of the a personal development course
- Completion of a personal reflection
- Adventureous journey of four days, three nights duration
- Achieved Milestone 3