Cubs is for boys and girls aged from 8 to 10 years. There are lots of fun activities that entertain and teach the youth the basic skills of life.
The meetings are full of activities, games and teaching ensuring all round developmental path for youth of this age under the guidance of trained leaders. To join or get more information contact the Group Leader or Akela (Cub Scout Leader).
Tuesday 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm and the occasional weekend. Want to see what the Cubs are up to? Have a look at their calendar.
Cubs work towards earning their peak award the Grey Wolf. Badge placements can be found here.
Outdoor Adventure Skills (OAS) are nine badges covering:
Special interest Area (SIA) are six badges covering:
- Adventure and Sport
- Art and Literature
- Creating a Better World
- Growth and Development
- STEM and Innovation
Leadership badges. These are designed for those Cubs showing interest in becoming a leader of the Unit as a Patrol Leader or Assistant Patrol Leader.
Grey wolf badge. This is the highest award to be earned in the Cub Scout Section. This requires completion of:
- All three core OAS to stage 3
- Eight stage progressions
- Six SIA including a minimum in two different areas
- Completion of the a personal development course
- Completion of a personal reflection
- Adventureous journey of at least four hours
- Achieved Milestone 3
Cub Scout Uniform
- Group scarf (presented from the Group)
- Cub Scout shirt (blue with yellow inset)
- Scout belt (blue webbing)
- Stone coloured pants
- Black or brown leather shoes